Sunday 15 July 2007

Easy like Sunday morning

A Sunday morning doing just what I want - what bliss.
Himself is at work doing something highly technical that I don't understand at all, the kids haven't surfaced yet and the dog has already been walked. So I've spent the morning working on some short stories, pinged off an email or two to various people including the travel editor of our local paper (I figure there's no point submitting my article to them and having it sit on her desk for a month or two before they tell me they no longer accept freelance work.) Then I decided to type and edit the short story that I mentioned in "This week I'll..." I like it but where I'll place it is another thing all together. Where do you pitch a story about a guy on death row the night before his execution? I'm going to have to think about that one.

2 comments:

Kath McGurl said...

Your story doesn't sound like something the women's mags would take, sadly! Try it at a competition? There's a link to SallyQ's competitions calendar on my blog if you need it.

Colette McCormick said...

I agree, I can't see it in one of the weekly mags. I'll take a look at Sally's calender. Thanks