Tuesday 14 August 2007

Double Whammy

Two rejections today. Yah boo hiss!!!!
What a bummer.
One was the letter that I sent to Bella just 4 days ago so I'm not too disappointed about that but the other one is a story that was/is written around Halloween/Guy Fawkes which I submitted to a magazine three months ago hoping to get in early. But now that has been rejected it might be too late to get it out to another one. The editor actaully said that it was a "nice quirky story" but just not what they were looking for at the moment. A small consolation but one at least.
I'm going to take the bull by the horns and chase up a story that has been with an Australian magazine for over three months. As I have discovered only to well in recent weeks you might not like what you haer but it's better to know what you are dealing with. If I'm dealing with another rejection I'd rather know than hang around in hope. They have said to chase up submissions after 12 weeks so I guess it will be alright. Actually I know that it will because the story of mine that they published had to be chased up three times.

No comments: