Sunday 19 August 2007

Good news forces correction

I said earlier that I had 18 pieces of work under consideration but that needs correcting now to 17. I heard mid morning that a saucy little number that I have written (using a pseudonym to protect my mother's modesty) has been accepted by Xcite books for inclusion in their erotic anthology "Ultimate Sex."
This is the second erotic story that I have had published by Xcite - I had a story in "Sex and Seduction." Maybe I've found my genre.
Just when I was feeling miserable about my lack of success this happens and brings a smile to my face and makes me believe that anything is possible.

5 comments:

Fiona Mackenzie. Writer said...

Well done you for getting work accepted by Xcite.
I am just finishing off a piece to submit to them but it's my first bit of erotic writing so I expect it returned. Good practise though!
Found your blog via Wannabeawriter - great book isn't it?

Colette McCormick said...

Thanks fionamac. Don't be disheartened, I had my first ever piece of erotic fiction accepted so it does happen. Keep the faith.
Wannbeawriter is a great book - Jane did a really good job.
Thanks for stopping by.

Quillers said...

Congratulations, Gonna B! I also had my first proper piece of erotic accepted by Xcite too (the one that was in Five Minute Fantasies, which I wrote ages ago as a fanfiction story). So it does happen, fiona.

Lane Mathias said...

Well done you. It's always great to hear of a success. I would imagine many pseudonyms are used in this genre to protect various family members (!)

Colette McCormick said...

Thanks everybody, a little success is good for the morale. Personally I love pseudonyms because they allow you to be lots of different people.