Tuesday 11 September 2007

Central Fiction Depts

I sent a story to the Central Fiction Department of D C Thomson about six weeks ago. It was submitted by email so you can imagine my surprise when it was returned to me today in the post. It was rejected but they had sent it back to me along with some guidelines for some of there publications.

I'm not sure how the central fiction dept works. I know that it means that your work gets considered for a whole range of magazines rather than just one but it does feel a bit impersonal.

I started a short story - a regular 1000 word plus short story. That's the first one in weeks. I guess it's progress.

The contract came yesterday for the story that's going to be published by Xcite books. I signed it this morning and sent it back. Thats what it's all about.

No comments: