Thursday 20 September 2007

A mixed batch

I heard yesterday from an agent who has been looking at my book. He said that he had enjoyed it but that he wasn't sure if he could place it in the current tough market. So now I'm looking for another agent to send it to. Or I was thinking maybe I would try a publisher direct. I want to believe that he enjoyed the book so if he did I must be able to find someone else who does.
So that was a little disappointing but then today I heard from a magazine in Australia that a story I sent them some time ago has been shortlisted. The last acceptance I had from them came about 7 months after submission so I wasn't surprised that it had taken them so long to get back to me. In fact it was encouraging because the two stories of mine that they have rejected in the past have been returned quite quickly. That was some good news just when I needed it.
Maybe I should consider trying to get my book published in Australia.

No comments: