Sunday 11 November 2007

A crumb of comfort and rave refusals

Remember I said that if I didn't hear from the Australian agency about my book by Thursday tea-time (their time) that meant that they weren't interested in it? Well, like I said I didn't hear from them so that was a bit (lot) disappointing. I did however get this email from the agent on Friday.

"Thanks for your submission.
Though your writing shows many strengths, I wasn't quite captivated enough by the material you sent to proceed any further.
Very best
L T" (she obviously wrote her name but I don't know if I'm allowed to put it on here.)

Okay do I know it's not much but I'm taking some comfort from the fact that she took time out of her day to send me a message.

Sadly she is the third agent who has had at least one good thing to say about my book but didn't feel that they could take iy any further. Relatively speaking, my rejections have been great.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Gonnabe, chin up and keep trying. Even Stephen King ahd a few rejection slips on his spike before becoming famous.

Colette McCormick said...

Cheers Captain, it's all part of the job I suppose. The good thing is that this has been my most successful year so far and I have to take comfort from that and aim to make next year even better.