Friday 18 January 2008

A Satisfactory day

Today is an extra day off for me, one that is dedicated solely to me. So it was without any guilt about not hoovering or ironing etc that I gave my morning over to writing. What a productive morning I've had. First of all I submitted two stories to a competition (the same one) then I checked out www.helium.com which I read about in Writers News. I'm not quite sure what I'll get out of it but it was worth a look. It looks like they have weekly free to enter competitions so that might be worth keeping an eye on. Then I pitched an idea to an editor for an article I've been working on. Finally I've just spent the last hour re-accquainting myself with NMBK which is the novel that went on the back burner while the ugly stuff was happening. I read through the last part that I wrote probably back in October or sometime like that and then even managed to write some new words. Only a couple of hundred or so but it's a start. I was going to have a look at the BBC Writers Room website because it's a long time since I was there but I didn't get round to that.

Anyway, just thought I would share my satisfaction with you all. I would be really interested to hear about your writing day.

Must go, I'm off to the hairdressers now. Two hours of pampering - yay!!!

No comments: