Thursday 28 February 2008

Diverting from my usual route

Yesterday I remembered something that I wrote towards the end of last year. It was just a page and a half, the start of something that I would get to eventually. Well, I got very excited about it yesterday and last night when I was going to bed I couldn't wait for this morning so that I could get on with it. So, the first thing I did when I got back from grocery shopping this morning was pick up my pen, pull out my book and start writing. ThenI realised that I was going at it like a bull in a china shop and I need to slow down.
You see I'm trying to write this idea as a screenplay which is something that I've never done before and I think I need to approach it in a more structured fashion. I forced myself to put down the notebook and come away from it. I need to tackle this project differently, I need to plan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, screenplay. Sounds interesting. Is this a new format for you or have you written other screenplays?

"I need to approach it in a more structured fashion."
That reminds me, I'd better get on with it.

Colette McCormick said...

I had a go at writing a screenplay once but I didn't prepare well enough and it ran out of puff before it ever got started really. I like to try different things and write whatever is taking my fancy at a particular time be it fact fiction or poetry. I just thought that this might be a good idea to try out in this format. I'll let you know how it goes.