Wednesday 28 May 2008

The perfect way to work

For reasons that I won't bore you with, Himself dropped me at work at 6.50am. A ridiculously early time I know but needs must and all that. I'd told him that it was fine because I would be able to find things to do and I could have but none of them would be very interesting. However I received an email yesterday from a publisher that I had approached with my Topsy project who had originally asked to see a brief outline saying that they would like to see a full synopsis. So that's what I've been doing for the last hour and a half. It's so quiet here (well it would be, there's only me here) and it's been great. For once I haven't faffed around looking at this website and that, checked emails or anything. I just got down to it. I have to say though that I don't know where that hour and a half went to. If anyone had asked me I would have said thirty or forty minutes. This may well be the perfect way for me to work.
I'll send the synopsis off tonight probably. I'll go over it a couple more times first. I don't know what will come of it because the publisher said that their list was full for the next 18 months anyway so it wouldn't be an imminent project and they're not quite sure if the subject matter is right for them. But tey asked to see it so that's encouraging.
Anyway, as it's getting on for 8.30 now I should maybe think about the day job - or at least about putting the kettle on.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with Topsy. I hope they stay interested.
Day job - Hmm, now there's an idea...

Bluestocking Mum said...

Hello there

I have just found your blog through Womagwriter and been having a read of previous posts.

Your blog struck a chord-Think we have a few things in common.

I will keep checking in to see how you are doing with the writing-but looks good so far-and you've had some successes-you need to change the title of your blog don't you?
Well done you-Keep it up!

warm wishes

(PS-I am a member of www.purplecoo.co.uk They are a wonderful bunch of bloggers and have several writers amongst us if you would like to join I am sure more people would like to look at your blogs/writing and add their support)
x

Colette McCormick said...

Day jobs aren't all they're cracked up to be Captain. They just get in the way but you've got topay the bills somehow.
Hi Angel, you are most welcome.I'll certainly check out purplecoo. Thanks for the heads up.

Kath McGurl said...

Sounds very encouraging, Gonna Be! Good luck with the submission.