Sunday 30 November 2008

One year one

On this day a year ago I wrote on this blog that I had a big personal week ahead and that I wasn't going to set myself anything too difficult. I stated that in this week I would:
1. Work on my Topsy project
2. Develop an idea from my work in progress folder.
3. Come up with an ending to a half written story that I had come across.
One year on I can report that:
1. The Topsy project still isn't completed.
2. My WIP folder grows bigger by the day.
3. That story still doesn't have an ending.
Wasn't a very good week writing wise was it. Personally it was terrific and that's what really matters.
I think that this wa sthe week when my attitude to writing and what it actually means to me changed.

2 comments:

Annie Wicking said...

Hi GBW, You must remember you are still writing. Okay so the book isn't finished yet but there's still time for that. I'm in the middle of rewriting a book I started ten years ago, which does get me down.

But I tell myself I've had good feedback from it so I must go on with it and finish this time again. If I send it out again and the feedback is less than pleasing then I shall scrap it and finish the second, third or maybe the fourth book I started... ;-)

Best wishes,
Annie

Colette McCormick said...

Don't let the ten year old book get you down Annie. At the end of the day it's just a writing project. Even if you never finish it it's still not a waste. Just remember how many artists/writers only find fame after their death. That means you've got years and years to finish it and then some. My Topsy project may never be finished but that's okay because it served it's purpose just by being a distraction but I'm going to try to work on the WIP folder - there's some good ideas in there.
Thanks Annie
x