Monday 23 November 2009

Is that the phone ringing?

I have to be honest and say that my mobile phone rarely rings especially when I'm at work. The Hogs used to ring it sometimes and tell me to get off the phone when I was talking on the land line but that's about it. So it was a bit of a surprise when it rang today especially as there's not a great signal in the basement. Anyway I digress - sorry. My mobile rang this morning and when I answered it, it was someone from Prima magazine saying that an article that I sent them has been shortlisted for a competition that I'd forgotten that I'd entered. Well it was April when I sent it to them after all.
I know it's only shortlisted but I've never got that far in a competition before so I'm feeling ever so slightly chuffed with myself. So now I just have to wait for someone to get in touch with the results.
Come on - fingers crossed everyone.

7 comments:

HelenMWalters said...

Oh brilliant. Everything crossed for you.

Colette McCormick said...

cheers Helen.

Sheila Norton said...

Yay - good news! Even a short-listing is a great accomplishment: you know how many people enter these comps! Fingers are duly crossed. xx

Karen said...

That's fantastic news, well done! A nicer surprise for having forgotten about it. I'll be sending them positive vibes :o)

Unknown said...

Yay!

Amanda said...

Ooh, well done Colette - my fingers are crossed!

Colette McCormick said...

Oh Yay yay Melissa.
Thanks Amanda for the fingers.
Thanks Karen for the vibes.
I have to admit that I am quite chuffed by my small achievement Olivia.
Hope it won't all lead to disappointment.