Sunday 14 February 2010

Busy doing lots of things.

Flushed with the success of selling my first non fiction piece (for real money) last week I have spent this week mainly on other non fiction projects. I have another article that I have to write but the dealine for that is three weeks away and that is still in the research stage. I have to say that I am finding it very intersting though. More so than I would have imagined. That might have something to do with the fact that I have actually been asked to do it which means that I spend my time actually doing the research rather than faffing around surfing the web and doing nothing in particular. After that, I want to work on an article that I had the idea for yesterday that will include research and talking to someone. I'll need to set my own deadline on that one.
I'm also spending time working on some short stories and I want to find time this week to pitch my novel at an editor. The only thing that seems to be suffering is the second novel which has come to a standstill at the moment.
Oh well must press on. Lots to do.

2 comments:

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

Definitely sounds like you've lots to do.

Fantastic news that you've had an article commissioned, and it sounds like your fiction is going well, too. Good luck wth your pitch - will be keeping fingers crossed. And don't worry too much about the second novel - you'll get around to it when you're ready.

Colette McCormick said...

The commission was/is very exciting.