Tuesday 23 March 2010

Just stuff

Remember the euphoria of early March when it was all acceptances and no rejections? Well those days are a distant memory. Two rejections in two days. Good job I have thick skin. Actually the rejection that I got today said that it was "really nicely written," which is some consolation. It sucks but it goes with the territory.
On a different note. I posted BTL off today which is exciting. I am however a realist and know that the chances of hitting pay dirt as it were first timw are pretty remote. But hey - nothing ventured nothing gained as they say.
Also, I sent the first chapter of my second book to my good friend J and she said that it made her want to read more. It's still a bit (lot) rough but it is only a first draft so the fact that she wanted to read more is all I really wanted to achieve at this stage.
Just wanted to share these few bits and bobs with you.

7 comments:

HelenMWalters said...

Hugs on the rejections. I think my record is six in one day. That hurt a lot x

Colette McCormick said...

Six in one day!!! Good grief. I guess that is just a reflection of the amount of stuff that you have out there. As we both know Helen, it goes with the territory.

Anonymous said...

Once I got three rejections of different types in one day. A rejection for a story, a rejection for a job application and... a rejection of another kind.

Colette McCormick said...

Poor you Captain. Glad to see that you survived the day though. Got two more of the sodding things today - both stories.

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

Hugs for the rejections. But at least you got a lovely comment. Editors don't bother to write suff like that unless they mean it.

Sending positive vibes for BTL.

XX

Sheila Norton said...

Ouch, poor you, Colette. Sometimes it feels like it's raining rejections doesn't it. I look through my records and see I've got a lot 'out there' and wish the editors would hurry up and get back to me ... and then I wish they hadn't!! Hope the next one's an acceptance. xx

Colette McCormick said...

Thanks for the positive vibes Suzanne. I hope they work.
Oh I know exactly what you mean Olivia. maybe tomorrow will bring better news.