Thursday 17 March 2011

1st report

Okay so I spent almost an hour tweaking BTL and I thought I would report on progress. Well, considering I haven't touched any fiction writing since the October it went alright. It felt fine.
There are now 66 more words than there were before and none of them refer to G - he hasn't reappeared yet. However my MC has finally found her voice. The interested agent from last year said that she liked the voice of the MC but now it is perfect - just right for her - and me.
I have to say that there have been times in the last few months when I wondered if I would ever touch fiction again because the non fiction is ticking along nicely but after making the committment in Blogland to do it and actually making the effort to find the time, I really enjoyed it.

10 comments:

Frances Garrood said...

But what have you done with G? Are you killing him off?

Colette McCormick said...

NO! Frances NEVER! He'll be lurking in the corner very shortly.

Karen said...

It's nice to go back to your work after a break and disover it's ... well, not that bad really! Glad you're enjoying it again.

Flowerpot said...

Well done you - that sounds great news! So difficult to get right and you've done it!

Colette McCormick said...

Karen - you are so right.
FP - I'm happy with the way its going so far.

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

Sounds like it's going well. Great stuff, Colette.

XX

Colette McCormick said...

Its a start Suzanne and I find that that is half the battle.

Colette McCormick said...

So far so good Suzanne but then we haven't gone very far yet.

Meanqueen said...

Hi Collette, thanks for looking at my blog, I'm now going to have a read at yours. My sister writes fiction for a hobby, and I have always written fact. I've had a few magazine articles printed. I am a morning person, my brain starts to shut down mid afternoon so you won't get any sense out of me after then, ha ha.

Colette McCormick said...

No problem MQ (great name). I'm a morning person too - I'm usually ready for a nap in the afternoon.