Tuesday 26 June 2012

Magazine experiments and other stuff

So in the last 10 days or so since I last checked in I've added about 3,000 words to NRIMH although 1,000 of those were written this morning. I have to say that I am very happy with that because I don't thnk I have ever had such a productive morning in terms of written words. However I have decided to give the magazine experiment that I have seen a few people do before a try. You know the one, it's where you target a magazine every week or every fortnight and try to get something published in it. Hopefully it will focus my mind. The magazin de jour as it were is Take a Break and given that I have never had a sniff of an acceptance from Norah I think I'd better try the letter page.

8 comments:

Paula RC said...

Good Luck, Colette. When I have more time I'm going to give PF another go.

Colette McCormick said...

Paula - I've never cracked PF yet either.

Diane Fordham said...

Great idea about setting writing projects and having something in particular to focus on. I've been trying for ages to break into WW and Fiction Feast and I am going to keep on trying until I accomplish that goal - it's taking ages though! ... Mmmm hopefully soon!

Keith Havers said...

Hi, Colette. I've just jumped over from Frances Garrood's blog. I thought that anyone who watched the Tour de France must be worth investigating.
I've had one in T-a-B and one in PF but I can't seem to get a second bite. You just have to keep trying.

Grumpy Old Ken said...

Love your spirit. Believe in yourself and keep smiling.

Grumpy Old Ken said...

Love your spirit. Good luck.

the word thingy at the bottom took me EIGHT goes!!!

Flowerpot said...

Best of luck Colette

Colette McCormick said...

Diane - I plan on keeping going with FF until they accept me even if it is just to make me go away.
Great story in WN the other week BTW.
Dream it... - you just have to keep going and go Wiggo!!
Ken - Thanks and I'm glad its not just me with that word thing.