Thursday 16 August 2012

A dilemma

I'm sitting on the horns of a dilemma which, thankfully for me is not as painful as it sounds.
Picture the scene if you will, one of your main characters is dealing with a problem and they have to deal with said problem in a certain way for the story to progress in the way you anticipated it going. However, after getting into the characters head and writing they have behaved in a different way meaning that things may not turn out they way you thought they would. Actually they probably will but the character of teh character(J)has changed. Maybe they were misunderstood all the time. There's a thought. I'd never planned on people sympathising with her. My book may have just taken on a whole new direction. Not in the outcome of the story but in terms of the journey. Maybe I don't have a dilemma at all.
Thanks for listening.
On a different note I sent off the two stories that I was planning to submit so fingers crossed that I don't get them back in today's post.
And on a totally different note as you can see, I have paragraphs. Thanks dark Skipper for solving the problem.

4 comments:

Fran Hill said...

I like the way you talked yourself out of your problem here! Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. Good luck with all the writing.

Colette McCormick said...

Thanks Fran - I loved your new take on an old nursery rhyme. I often talk myself out of or into things during the process of blogging. It is my sounding board.

Diane Fordham said...

Loved that opening sentence Colette. (Smiling) I do enjoy writing the stories that have a mind of their own. Good luck with your submissions :-)

Colette McCormick said...

Thanks Diane