Sunday 30 September 2012

Apropos of nothing.

I've added this for no other reason that I've just found it and I quite like it.
I haven't used my camera for a long time but was checking it out because I will want to use it soon and I found this picture, along with some of the Zachary (the dog) playing in the snow and a few other random things. Its not a recent photograph but I like it and I thought I'd share it with you all.
Anyway, have you ever had one of those moments when you want to give yourself a slapa round the head and call yourself stupid? Well I had another one of those moments this week.
It was part of my quest to "find the love" of writing again.
Back in the days when I enjoyed the actual writing process more than I have recently and I enjoyed a modicum of success I did it in a certain way or rather at a certain time. Not an exact time of course but you know, in the mornings for arguments sake. However since my job, his job, our lives have changed I have been trying to work at a different time which thinking about it logically is a time of the day that I am definitely not fond of. I think that one of the resaons I fell out of love with the writing process is that I have been trying to work at the wrong time of day.
Having said that the window of opportunity for writing at the right time of day is very small but twas ever thus and I used to manage it - and enjoy it.
I am enjoying the writing process more now which is a relief to you all I have no doubt. Instead of writing because I knew it was something that I had enjoyed in the past, I am actually enjoying it in the present. Does that make sense? It sounded better in my head than it does on paper.
BTW - did I get rid of that word verification thing on comments made? I hope I did.

3 comments:

Teresa Ashby said...

I like that picture! Looks like the basis for a story to me :-)

I am glad you're enjoying the writing process again. It is horrible when the pleasure goes out of it.

Yes, your word veri-thingy has gone x

Paula RC said...

Thank you for sharing your photo with us. Im glad to see you are finding your way back to writing too.

And just o let you know just the word thingy has gone ;-)

Colette McCormick said...

Theresa and Paula - I'm glad you like the photo. It is a relief to find that I'm enjoying again something that I used to love, and thanks for letting me know about the word veri-thingy, I'm glad to see the back of it.