Thursday 13 September 2012

Today

This is a funny time of year for me and not funny ha ha. I tend to do a lot of reflecting because this is the the time of year when the darkness was hanging over me. It os so hard to believe that that was five years ago. Where does the time go? Anyway as part of the reflecting I thought that it would be interesting to see if I blogged anything on this day five years ago when it was still very dark and apparently I did and this is what I wrote. I wonder of I ever found a home for that story that I "loved." I wonder which story it was.
Anyway that darkness lifted and life is good these days.
Anyway I'm getting to the point of this posting and it is this. Have you ever woken up and thought that and I don't know how to put this but have you ever woken up and thought that today was special? Like it was the start of something good but you're not quite sure what it is? Well that was how I felt this morning. Today almost feels like the day that the darkness lifted but in miniature because anything that I have been feeling recently is nothing compared to the darkness.
Those of you that were around back then will know that I never spoke of what happened then and I don't intend to do it now. I only mention it as reference as to why this time of year is a time of reflection for me.
Anyway, I digress (for a change) what I wanted to announce is that today feels like a good day.

4 comments:

Paula RC said...

I hope it was a great day for you and you will drop by more often.

Best wishes my dear friend

Colette McCormick said...

It has been a good day thanks Paula and I will try to drop by more often. I mean to it's just that sometimes I can't think what to say.

Diane Fordham said...

I too hope it was a wonderful day for you Colette... and may there be many more happy days for you x

Colette McCormick said...

Thank you Diane. The day was good but not for anything inparticular and I didn't do anything exciting it just felt like it was going to be a good day and it was.