Sunday 30 September 2012

Two slaps in one day

Yep that's right, I've had another one of those slap across the face moments.
This one occurred to me when I was writing inside a birthday card that I will be giving Himself on Tuesday and it is this. I no longer write in long-hand.
Those of you that have been around a while will know that I used to write everything in long-hand with a pink pen - hence the name of the blog. I don't do that any more. These days I put everything straight onto the computer and that doesn't feel the same somehow. I don't know when or why I changed but I did.
Well let me tell you that I'm changing back - and I'm doing it today.


And here's another photo for no other reason than I like it. This is my previous dog Zoe who I still love and think of often despite her being dead for four years. I have other photos that are cuter but this one is more her. She was a bit of a tomboy and by the looks of it she's taking a breather after some blowout or other. She was at least 10 or 11 when she died (rescue dog so its hard to be accurate) and I comforted myself after her sudden demise by imagining her in doggy heaven chasing rabbits like she did when she was young.
Anyway, there you go, this is Zoe.

5 comments:

Debbie Coope said...

There is something creative that is missed when we just tap it in on the keyboard. Something to do with using different parts of the brain, if I remember. I try to do both, and must admit, if I've not used a pen in a while it feels odd, like I've lost something and found it. Strange.

Paula RC said...

Zoe is lovely and reminds me of our childhood dog called Shep. We had two dogs the other was called Sandy.
I had a little dog called Annie who I miss too. She was a rescue dog who my son use to call her his adopted sister.

Sadly when I had to go back to full-time work I had to let her go and live with another lady who had two other dogs. It broke my heart but I felt I was doing the right thing for her, but it didn't make things any easier for me.

Teresa Ashby said...

Oh isn't she lovely. You just never stop loving them and missing them do you.

This is going to sound silly, but I always imagined your pink pen wrote with pink ink! x

Colette McCormick said...

Debbie - I think that forming words with a pen or pencil even does feel more creative. I think it must be to do with the curves of the letters or something.
Paula - Its right that you did what was best for your dog but it isn't easy sometimes.
Theresa - pink ink, how wonderful, I hadn't thought of that. I wonder of I can get a refill that colour? And no, you never stop missing them.

Unknown said...

pink color indicate happy and enjoyment,i like this too much.