Sunday 21 April 2013

Reality calling


My other blog seems to be taking its time inspiring anyone to visit it on a regular basis but at least over here I know for the most part that I'm not talking to myself so here goes.
Arrgghh!
As I have said many times before I treat this blog as a conversation and when something has been said it can't be unsaid but please ignore that first sentence and the wallowing that it involved.
I have to go back to the real world tomorrow after a wonderful week celebrating my 50th birthday (don't know but I might have mentioned that before) and to be honest I'm not looking forward to it. I have enjoyed a week of complete wonderfulness and to be honest the mundane just isn't so appealing.
The worst part of my day job is wondering what I am going back to after a week off. Hopefully things will have gone according to the plan I left but that's not always the case.
One of the things on that list in the other place is to get the pink pen out more and I did come up with a title last night. Not quite sure what or where I could apply it yet but I'll give it some thought. I don't need to tell any of you how weird it is when something, an idea just pops into your head. I still find it weird though. Where do they come from?
The weather's not so nice today not that that stops Zac from wanting go for a walk so that'll be on the agenda for this morning. In fact here is a picture of the lovely Zac for no other reason than he is lovely.
 
That particular Frisbee is long gone but he does have a fine collection so maybe we'll take one on our walk. After that I have a family lunch to cook, I mean Sunday is Sunday after all and there has to be a roast. Maybe after that I'll fit in a bubble bath and probably manage to choke down a bottle of wine tonight. Not a bad way to spend the last day away from reality.
Actually by 10 o'clock tomorrow I know I'll be fine but its just the thought of it that makes me squirm.
Sorry for the moan and thanks for listening.

3 comments:

Teresa Ashby said...

Oh isn't Zac beautiful! What a gorgeous glossy brindle coat! Give him a cuddle from me :-)

Getting back to reality is horrible isn't it - I hope things are okay at work and you have a good week x

Anonymous said...

A bubble bath and a glass of wine or two is sure to take your mind off tomorrow. I'm sure work will be fine though by dinner time it'll be like you've never been away. :-)

Colette McCormick said...

Cuddle duly given Teresa. He repaid me with a lick on the fact which I am sending you digitally.
Isn't that the thing about going back to the day job tbtp - you're right, by dinner time holidays are just a distant memory and by the end of the day you're ready for another one.