Sunday 12 May 2013

Coming out from under the weather.

Which is where I have spent most of the week.
The early part of the week was hampered by a cold that only manifested itself during the evening. I'd be okay during the day apart from the odd cough and sneeze but by 8pm my head would be banging and I'd be raging hot and freezing cold at the same time.
On Wednesday evening I thought that my shoulder hurt a bit, then later I thought it hurt a lot and by 3am Thursday I was sitting in bed sobbing with pain. Himself was on nights so I only had the dog for comfort who, being male, didn't know what to do with a crying woman. He did lick my tears away which was very sweet. Anyway by 6am I couldn't lift my arm from my side. The nature of my day job means that I am prone to damaged muscles in my arms so its not the first time its happened to me but its certainly the worst. After a day of light arm exercises, application of heat and ice plus a muscle rub and a hot bath the arm was "okay" by Friday morning and fine by lunchtime. Phew! Amputation not required.
Then yesterday (Saturday) my cold was with me all day and I felt like the dog's doodahs all day, all evening and most of the night. However I woke at 7am feeling much better hence my claim that I am coming out from under the weather.
Got there in the end eh!
I haven't felt totally well since I got back from Paris if I'm honest but hopefully this is a sign of things picking up. I haven't done any writing since then but hopefully I might actually be able to put pen to paper this week. Seems like ages since I wrote anything new, I must do something - anything.
Just thought I would share my misery with you.
Happy Sunday.

3 comments:

Teresa Ashby said...

You have my sympathy! Shoulder pain is a misery and having a cold as well, ugh! I've had a cold all week which is just starting to get better. Glad lovely Zac took care of you :-) x

Paula RC said...

Hope you are feeling much better. Just to let you know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I had a rotten cold last week. It was awful and I felt so sorry for myself. I think Russell was glad to be at work and away from me. Thank god, he hasn't gone down with it otherwise he would make me suffer just to get his own back.
:-)

Colette McCormick said...

Lovely Zac has been doing a grand job thanks Teresa.
Sadly I'm not Paula but I'm about to post about that now.