Wednesday 9 October 2013

A lovely weekend and a couple of ticks.

I've been married 31 years today and usually we are way for our anniversary but given that we had the big splurge in Paris in April for that big birthday of mine (well that and the fact that I still have to go to hospital 3 times a week for dialysis) we were going t give it a miss this year. However, my lovely husband booked us a weekend away in a log cabin near Saltburn in North Yorkshire and we were there at the weekend. Its not a vast distance from home (just an hour or so) but it was far enough to be "away" but close enough "just in case". And what a wonderful weekend we had.


I was surprised to find that the cabin was actual wood - I though it was just an effect but no it was an actual log cabin. These beautiful creatures wandered randomly through the grounds which was lovely but a bit of a shock when we woke up to the sound of them walking in the roof one morning. The blue dresses belong to a couple of bridesmaids from a wedding that was being held in the hotel that was also in the grounds.


We took Zac with us and he had a wonderful time playing in the beach and walking through the parks and woodland. He also had a lot of fun digging holes in the sand.


I also got the chance to tick another couple of things off my Fifty/50 list. I thoroughly enjoyed my 99 even though the wind was playing havoc with my hair. I should point out that even though this picture makes it look like I'm shoving it into my chin I was actually capturing the strawberry sauce that was dripping off the pointy top of my Mr Whippy ice-cream.



The other thing I got to do was paddle in the sea.



Zac also enjoyed the paddling though he was braver than me and went in a lot further than I did.

I didn't get to throw my message in a bottle into the sea though because the tide always seemed to be coming in when we were at the beach and I didn't want it landing on the same beach that it was launched from.


3 comments:

Paula RC said...

Wow, Collette It looks like you were having a fun time. Zac too.

Congratulations to you and your husband.

How is your writing going?

Teresa Ashby said...

It looks gorgeous - a beautiful part of the country! And that 99 looks so yummy. I always think how lovely and shiny Zac's coat is. Glad you're getting things ticked off :-) x

Colette McCormick said...

Thanks Paula we all had a great time. The writing isn't going so well at the moment. I just don't seem to be able to fit much of it in. I know that's just an excuse and I should make time to do it. I think my recent lack of success in getting much published is disheartening me a bit too.
Teresa it is a beautiful part of the country and thank you for your lovely comment about Zac's coat. Even though I think it, it's nice when someone else notices it. I'll tell him what you said if he ever gets out of bed.